Sunday, June 27, 2010

HOVAAAAA

Awesomeeeee!!!!!
completed my Standard Chartered KL Half Marathon today at last!!!
Feels great achieving a feat I never knew I'd actually am able to.
So here's the breakdown.
We didn't sleep the whole night, watched A team with Lisan, Derryck and Loong till 1am then went to Kayu Nasi Kandar, lepak there and had some food while watching football and playing monopoly till almost 4. Then straight went to dataran merdeka, changed and hanged around there watching the flag off of the full marathon at 5.30. Did some warm up, stretch and light run till the 6plus and got ready for the run. Oh btw, it was raining in the morning so it was freaking cold! We flagged off at 6.15 sharp and I was on my way. Didn't run too fast and kinda paced moderately while enjoying the run,people and place. Had water and 100pus to stay hydrated and a powerbar at the 8km mark. By the time it was 16km, I was getting a little tired and my quads were getting really really stiff. I didn't wanna kill my pace so I just kept going and upped my pace as soon its gonna end. The 18th km was really a killer for me as my quads really tightened up and the slope at bkt bintang made it worse!
But after that, it was either flat or downhill till the end. The last 1km tasted like sugar,literally!
And by the time I crossed the finish line, I really felt rejuvenated and so happy even though my legs cannot be bent at all!
Took my finisher's medal after that and headed to the car, changed and went for breakfast
It really was a proud day for me.

Lots of love,
Siva

No comments:

Post a Comment