Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 5

Today is my run day. Got up at 6 and had breakfast. Normally I don't take breakfast and run on an empty stomach in the morning because in the morning, our insulin level is at the lowest therefore the body will burn stored fats as energy. But because I'm training for distance and speed, I need to carbo-load in the morning to be energized. Had whole grain cereal for breakfast and headed out. Run for approx 13km and I was out. Crap tired and seriously thirsty, kinda dissapointed tho that I didn't complete the route I intended to cover but hey, I don't wanna overtrain and it's a journey I need to get better at everyday. Was pretty tired after that and wanted to head out to the gym at 10plus but my dad gave a talk so I decided to go there and just listen. Was at home till the evening and only went to the gym at 6plus. A friend of mine, Zahir was gonna give an RPM class at 7 and since today is gonna be pretty intensed, I jumped in and swayed away from the weight training. Pedaled for bout an hour and we finished. It isn't as simple as it sounds tho, our heart rate is constantly more than 150 and goes up to 220 pretty often. That was all for the day, went back, watched French Open and slept. It was awesome to rest the feet after a hard day=)
Lots of love,
Siva

No comments:

Post a Comment