Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 2

Today is a good day.
It started off at 6.30 am with an interval training at 7 till about 8.15 am. Interval training is extremely useful to lose weight and get faster for a distance of about 5 to 10 km.
Interval training is basically done with well, intervals of course! It is started with a high intensity,fast sprint for a certain distance and then rest with a short walk and then continue with the sprint and so on.
I choose to do it without using a timed system but more to a distance version, I sprint about 80 metres and do a 40 metres walk and continue for about 5 km on a flat surface. Interval training really cranks up your heart rate and thus increasing your metabolism rate to enter fat burning mode.
Nothing beats starting the day with a good interval session!
Came back and had a shower and had breakfast, eggs and oats. Basically it was whey protein which is very important to repair the muscle tissues and aid recovery. Whole grain is also very useful when losing weight as it keeps the stomach full on a longer time span as it is more difficult to breakdown compared to simple carbs.
Headed to the gym at 11 and did RPM training. RPM training is cycling on a stationary bicycle, very similar to a racing bike with an interval styled cycling technique. I adjust the difficulity based on the music I hear. Trust me, RPM really burns a ton of calories!
Trained my back and abs today. Supersetted my back exercises to keep my heart rate high and burn fats and also really shape and define the muscles.
Supersetting is when 2 exercises is done continuously after each other to shape and define the muscles and also burn fats.
I then supersetted my abs and obliques exercises to build up my core muscles for a stronger and more stable body.
That was basically my training for the day. Came back and had a 2 hour nap as I was burned!
That's my take for the day

Lots of love,
Siva

No comments:

Post a Comment