Sunday, May 30, 2010

champion of mind

It's always been a question I ask myself when my favourite bodybuilder poses on the stage, my favourite runner dashes in a race and my favourite fighter KO's his opponent or in short when athletes perform at his/her best as to what motivates them to achieve such greatness and the motivation behind every successful training sessions.

I quote my favourite bodybuilder, Kai Greene as he often uses the saying "champion of mind" as the key to achieving greatness. It is very true though and it's very obvious during a training session. Weight training is all about me versus myself and how much you really wanna push yourself. This sort of all or nothing attitude starts with a strong, focused and goal-orientated mind. The mind can be the greatest weapon if utilized properly or can turn out to be a huge obstacle that most can't break through.

Motivation comes from various sources, whether it's a goal, competition, money or just personal satisfaction. For a person like me, obviously money is not what I'm looking for in achieving what I set out to do. I find great pleasure in breaking out of my comfort zone and really pushing myself and just take a step back and look at what I'm doing and how much I've gone. As what Kai Greene said, if you can go to the gym day or night, rain or shine, motivated or unmotivated, pushing yourself to your absolute best, in due time, you WILL create a body so fulfilling, every drop of sweat and every blood shed becomes an investment worth millions.

Btw, Kai Greene isn't the only motivation I use in training, there's many others. I will blog about them in time. That's all for now.

Lots of love,
Siva

No comments:

Post a Comment